Designed (The Intoxicated Books, #3) by Alicia Renee Kline

Designed (The Intoxicated Books, #3)Designed by Alicia Renee Kline
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blake Snyder is an expert at bringing visions to life. Owner of a successful interior design business, she prides herself on creating things that are picture perfect. If only her talent extended to her personal life.

Chris Taylor is her brother’s best friend, but more importantly, her ex. After a messy breakup years ago, they’ve been careful to avoid each other.

But out of sight isn’t necessarily out of mind. Chris holds a special place for her in his heart - and a never presented engagement ring. Blake can’t stop thinking about him - despite her frequent attempts to replace him.

When events in the present lead Blake to confront the truth in her past, she knows that it’s time to come clean about what really drove them apart. What she reveals is something that brings him to his knees yet again.

Can Chris forgive her for a decade of secrets and omissions? Will their love for one another be strong enough to withstand the repercussions of a decision made long before? Or will the bombshell spell their ultimate demise?


_____________________________


What can I say? It's been hours since I said goodbye to Blake and Chris and I'm already nursing a book hangover.

I found Blake's actions incomprehensible at first but I didn't think any less of her for them. I had a few guesses as to what her big secret would turn out to be but nope, I wasn't even close. She's spent the last decade of her life in a hell of her own making but eventually, I came to understand the reasoning behind her decisions. I just wish that it hadn't taken her so long to acknowledge her mistakes and come clean.

She and Chris shared the truest kind of love and it was well worth being with them on the journey back to each other... but boy, 10 years is a long time to have to wait for an HEA. She's a sassy alpha female, he's a drop dead gorgeous hero with a heart of gold and they complemented each other so well.

I loved the relationship she had with her brother Matthew too. They've been there for each other at the lowest points of their lives and I don't think I've ever 'met' a literary brother and sister who were this close before. It was wonderful!

Note: It's not necessary to have read the first two books in the series to enjoy this one but you're likely to appreciate it more and find the story easier to follow if you start at the beginning.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts