Throttle (Jack 'Em Up, #3) by Shauna Allen

Throttle (Jack 'Em Up, #3)Throttle by Shauna Allen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have a past. I have pain.
I don’t dwell on those because I have a future.
I’ve got my career and my wits. I don’t need love, or lust, or some man to make me complete. That’s for fairy tales.
Yeah, right.
Trace Berringer is the perfect male specimen, wrapped up in a smart, sexy, witty package, and while I may not need him, I sure want him. But he’s got a past of his own. One that may ultimately keep us apart.


~~~~~


Tori Waters has become both my fantasy and my nightmare.
I’ve wanted her since the moment we met, but she has walls a mile high.
Hell, so do I.
Sex and shameless flirting are one thing, but I’ve been burned and I can’t afford to go there again. My son is my heart, my soul. It’s just us against the world and I’d kill to protect him.
No one, definitely no woman, is going to hurt us again.
That is a promise.


______________________


In my humble opinion, Shauna Allen can do no wrong. With each new release, her writing is only getting better. If you're after swoon-worthy heroes and intelligent, strong heroines, she'll have you covered.

Sexy and poignant, Throttle is the story of single father Trace and Tori, a local schoolteacher who's just as smitten with him as he is with her. The couple's fledgling bond is put to the test when the mother of Trace's young son arrives back in town to cause trouble and Tori faces a family crisis. Can Trace ever find it in him to open his heart fully to her when his son's wellbeing is at stake?

Trace was such a good guy but I was incredibly frustrated by his refusal to trust Tori. He kept pushing and pushing her away but thankfully, she was more patient with him than most women would have been. Admittedly, it's the struggle toward their HEA that made it all the more sweeter.

There's a mystery surrounding a serial rapist preying on blondes that needs to be resolved so I can only assume that it's going to be a part of Jewel and Micah's book. Can't wait to get to know them better!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts