Torque (Jack 'Em Up, #2) by Shauna Allen

Torque (Jack 'Em Up, #2)Torque by Shauna Allen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The darkness that fills him . . . the pain . . . they call to me.
I see so much more than his crime, his past, his demons.
I see the promise . . . the man who fills all the empty spaces inside me.
I’m not the perfect, untouchable girl he thinks I am. I’m just dirty enough to take what I want.
Him.


~


I could never deserve her.
She is the light . . . the sun, the moon, a billion stars.
She gives me hope.
But hope is a dangerous thing for a criminal like me.
I am hopeless.
Infinitely flawed.
Tainted.

We are more than opposites.
We are the dangerously perfect collision of dark and light and pain.

___________________________________________




You know what? Women everywhere would be so much better off reading this kind of romance instead of the 'vapid love interest and controlling alpha' variety. Just when I thought Shauna's work couldn't be improved upon, she's blown me away with Jesse and Rachel.

My new favourite couple take care of each other, give encouragement, and when they say "I love you", it's unconditional. I liked that Rachel was the somewhat stronger of the two and could support Jesse while he was fighting his demons. Jesse, incidentally, might just be the swoon-worthy hero I compare all others to from now on! Who doesn't appreciate a guy with a passion for reading?

Torque is a gritty, sombre story of healing and finding your way but I would say that it's uplifting and hopeful as well. If you're looking for a deeper read without unnecessary angst, this is for you.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts