Crank (Jack 'Em Up, #1) by Shauna Allen

Crank (Jack 'Em Up, #1)Crank by Shauna Allen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It feels like I’ve loved him forever.
He’s ingrained in my DNA.
Torn, I’ve watched him slip away in torturous bits and pieces.
Even in our deepest grief.
He’s my true love. My only love.
But I’ve lost him.
~~~~~
I think I’ve loved her since the moment I laid eyes on her.
That will never change.
But I’m haunted by the demons of my past. Unworthy of her love.
And yet, she loved me anyway.
We spoke those sacred vows . . . til death do us part.
And we’re dying. Someone’s murdering us.
Me.
  

____________________


We first met Blake and Delilah as love-struck teenagers in Burnout and now, we're catching up with them after a decade of marriage in Crank.

Unfortunately, not much has changed; Delilah's cold and emotionally distant parents never accepted their relationship and Blake is still haunted by his father's shadow. After suffering three miscarriages and years of neglect due to Blake pouring all of his energy into building up his business, Delilah feels the only option she has left is to file for divorce. Neither of them truly want to separate but with emotional distance and deep hurt between them, is love enough to salvage what's left of their union?

Anyone who's lost a child is going to be impacted by their story and I believe it's probably one of Shauna's best to date. We're right with Blake and Delilah as they go through the storms of life... so keep a tissue box handy while you're reading!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts